I see a miracle in every atom whose vibration emits a visible wavelength of light, but human nature in the invisible…
[Warning: I have not updated this section since ~2009, so all of this may or may not be applicable today.]
Anyone can be sitting behind the monitor. But in this case, it’s me. Here are some quick facts about The Me.
1. Nicknames. I always have trouble with finding the right nicknames for myself when I join blog sites, Youtube, forums, you name it. For some reason, I can never think of the right name that fits me. It usually hits me at the wrong time, like when I am trying to fall asleep or when I am being violent with my friends. In fact, since I first succumbed to the dark world of the World Wide Web, I think I made so much accounts and pages on such a large variety of different sites that I would probably never find half of them right now.
2. Bad Habits. We all have bad habits, don’t we? Except I’m not like you guys. I am a difficult case. My bad habits rage from procrastination to carelessness to the will to use sarcastic remarks against my enemies. But that’s not much of a habit though, it’s more like an adaptation. I wish I could rid myself off the horrible wrath of procrastination, but I’ll do that later. Seriously. I vow to do it tomorrow.
3. Social Oddity. Unlike most people, I am socially very odd. No, not inept. Just odd. A normal person’s comeback to something humorous or witty consists of the three blissful letters: LOL. Or, Like, OMG. But you see guys, I don’t do those things. Maybe I was raised in the wrong anti-modern cultural environment? I don’t know. But I usually like there to be meaning behind a conversation.
4. Neatness Disorder. Even though it is a rare occasion for me to clean my keyboard, I can be very much neat-freakish at random times. If a calendar or poster hangs at the wrong angle, I can’t stand it. Or when a stack of papers in unevenly balanced. Gosh, I hate that. It makes me squirm even thinking about it, probably like you do at the sound of NAILS against the chalkboard. Screeching.
5. Blunt Taste. Yes, I have a very blunt taste. I don’t like flashy technology, flashy clothes, or flashy furniture. I don’t like most sweet things, even though I lied on my sidebar. I don’t understand all that blind fascination with Superbowl, or why the heck Miley Cyprus, or whatever the brat’s name is, is spreading fallacies to the drama-hungry little girls. I don’t see any particular joy in Starbucks or eating pancakes for breakfast. I guess I should have been born a British person!
Bonus info. I am into sports, but I am not a jock. I am just a nerd in an athlete’s clothing, I guess. 😉 Sports I like include but are not limited to:
- Volleyball. Awesome.
- Ping pong. (a.k.a my summer)
- Swimming. On occasion. In a lake. S’il te plait.
- Figure skating. Without question.
- Is chess a sport? (Yes. It is. Let’s call it a sport of the mind.)
- How about badminton?
- I also like roller skating. I did it once last summer. Hey, I was pretty good!
- Um, reading. It’s pretty competitive. It’s a sport.
- Oh! Tennis. Princess.. of tennis. That’s me.
Where else can you find me?
And basically anywhere. That’s just what, like 10% of the things that I am on. I also lurk in corners, and work part-time in a tooth paste manufacturing factory – I am the person who screws on the caps!
Check out some of my favorite places on the web!
Favorite Websites: deviantART, Physics for the 21st Century, Goodreads, MIT Open Courseware, Innovations Report
Favorite Blogs: Unapologetic Mathematician, A Mind for Madness, What’s New, It’s Never Too Late, MIT Admissions, Behind the Name (of course)
Favorite tutorial sites: Cyclismo, Open Book Project
Fun & funny: Smile!, Free Rice, xkcd.com, PhD Comics